- 2021-2022 College Catalog
- Catalog Home
- General Information
- Letter from the District President
- Board of Trustees
- History of the College
- Mission, Vision and Values
- Equal Educational Opportunity
- 2021-2022 Academic Calendar
- 2020-2021 Academic Calendar
- Navarro College Centers
- Navarro College Foundation, Inc.
- Cook Education Center
- Small Business Development Center
- Navarro College Awards
- Admissions & Registration
- Tuition & Fees
- Student Services
- Academic Policies and Information
- Degree and Certificate Programs
- Course Descriptions
- Previous Catalogs
HUMA 1301 Introduction to the Humanities
3 lec (3 Cr.) This stand-alone course is an interdisciplinary survey of cultures focusing on the philosophical and aesthetic factors in human values with an emphasis on the historical development of the individual and society and the need to create.
Course FeeInternet fee (if applicable): $38
HUMA 1305 Introduction to Mexican American Studies
3 Lec (3 Cr) This interdisciplinary survey examines the different cultural, artistic, economic, historical, political, and social aspects of the Mexican American/Chicano/a communities. It also covers issues such as dispossession, immigration, transnationalism, and other topics that have shaped the Mexican American experience.
Course FeeInternet fee (if applicable) $38
HUMA 1311 Mexican American Fine Arts Appreciation
This course is an exploration of the purposes and processes in the visual and performing arts (such as music, painting, drama, and dance) and the ways in which they express the values of the Mexican American/Chicano/a experience.