- Catalog Home
- General Information
- Letter from the District President
- Board of Trustees
- History of the College
- Mission, Vision and Values
- Equal Educational Opportunity
- 2021-2022 Academic Calendar
- 2020-2021 Academic Calendar
- Navarro College Centers
- Navarro College Foundation, Inc.
- Cook Education Center
- Small Business Development Center
- Navarro College Awards
- Admissions & Registration
- Tuition & Fees
- Student Services
- Academic Policies and Information
- Degree and Certificate Programs
- Course Descriptions
- Previous Catalogs
SPCH 1311 Introduction to Speech Communication
3 lec (3 Cr.) Introduces basic human communication principles and theories embedded in a variety of contexts including interpersonal, small group, and public speaking.
SPCH 1315 Public Speaking
3 lec (3 CR.) Application of communication theory and practice to the public speaking context, with emphasis on audience analysis, speaker delivery, ethics of communication, cultural diversity, and speech organizational techniques to develop students’ speaking abilities, as well as ability to effectively evaluate oral presentations.
SPCH 1321 Business & Professional Communication
3 lec (3 Cr.) Study and application of communication within the business and professional context. Special emphasis will be given to communication competencies in presentations, dyads, teams and technologically mediated formats.